I know it’s been a long time and yes, I’m still alive –the unintended break from blogging will end soon I promise and I’ll have plenty of things to discuss. To say that life has gotten hectic in the month of July would be an understatement, but for now, I REALLY wanted to share some (what I consider to be amazing) victories:
1. I have lost 10 pounds (like a dixie cup bailing out the ocean I know – but it’s heading back in the right direction).
2. I have not eaten a donut in nearly a month (or any frosted and filled confection for that matter).
3. I have not had any soda (diet mt. dew and diet coke were my weapons of choice) in nearly a month (I used to drink at least 2 32 oz gas station drinks and or 2 large McDiets plus a couple of cans daily – huge consumer . . . pretty sure the soda stocks fell sharply when I stopped keeping them in business).
4. On Saturday I bought 4 large red velvet cup cakes with tons of cream cheese frosting from Fresh Market as dessert for over the weekend and drum roll . . . the first night I ate 1/2 of one (I’ve NEVER eaten just a half let alone just one before) and the 2nd night I didn’t eat any. I ate the other half on the 3rd night and none on the 4th night. You have no idea how incredible that is – INCREDIBLE!!!!
5. On Saturday I bought my husband a container of mini heath bars – I have had a total of 4 in 4 days (I previously would have eaten 4 at a time followed by 4 more and 4 more and 4 more . . . they’re mini after all).
6. I think I am moving off of the disabled list finally and onto a “don’t do anything to screw up this fragile ankle” list (yeah, there’s such thing as that list and you really don’t want to be on it!). I’m going to return to running . . . slowly (like a mile at a time) a couple of days a week and SLOWLY and hopefully SAFELY build back up so I can run RnR NOLA in February.
7. I have not eaten “crap” at fast food restaurants in a month (I have ordered the fruit and yogurt parfait, the apple slices, a turkey Subway sandwich, but none of the double cheeseburgers or sausage egg biscuits, etc) - pretty huge for me. Instead I’ve packed my lunch and eaten yogurt and fruit as snacks.
8. I eat 5-9 servings of produce nearly every day – feeling pretty good about this. I’m not perfect in that I get the rainbow everyday, but getting produce most days is quite an improvement from getting enough produce sometimes.
I know I owe you a Chicago RnR recap and I have unbelievably exciting news to share (but that will have to wait a couple of weeks – how’s that for a teaser?).
What’s a victory you’ve experienced lately?