Monday, May 28, 2012

Chapter 2 page 578 - New 2 You Cross Training Challenge - May edition

As you probably already know, I'm kind of out-of-the-game at the moment thanks to the klutziest of all klutzy falls a week and a half ago.  Seriously, who falls off a perfectly new sidewalk and rolls their ankle while supermanning and ending up spraining their right ankle, left wrist, and boogering up their left knee and both palms . . .why that would be me, thank you . . . just try and do it yourself, or definitely don't!  I have amazing news though, I'm making significant improvements everyday.  I'm still not sure when I'll get to run again or how long it will be before it doesn't hurt, but I do know that I'm progressing and that feels awesome to me!!!!

With the end of May approaching I had some anxiety about what I could do for my New 2 You Cross Training Challenge

I had SEVERAL ideas but most of them used either my left wrist or right ankle - boo!   Thanks to Kimberly at Just Trying is For Little Girls for having this challenge, otherwise, I would definitely be sitting around feeling sorry for myself. 

This month's New 2UCT challenge involved this piece of equipment . . .
source

It's an Airdyne bike.  This is how the Schwinn website describes the bike:

The Airdyne® Exercise Bike is simply smart. Wind resistance is exponential, so the harder you pedal, the higher the resistance becomes. This naturally provides the right workout for both a novice exerciser and an elite athlete. The Airdyne® flywheel provides smooth resistance while cooling you during the workout. The Airdyne® Exercise Bike is ideal for both fitness and rehabilitative use.

Because of my ankle, I put my feet on the foot rest and just used the arm part of the bike - it wasn't overly exciting (like all the cool gym equipment or a new group fitness class), but it was a chance to do some safe exercise while rehabbing.  Well, it's not pretty but . . . mission accomplished for May!

4 comments:

  1. Girl, so very proud of you! You earned a pass this month with your fall. You inspire me so much. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are coping with your injury well...way to go sweetie..keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had the perfect excuse to bail and you DID IT ANYWAY! You rock, chica! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (And here, I was complaining about schedule reasons for having a tough time with May's New 2UCT...)

    Very inspiring.
    NICE WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete