Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chapter 2 page 55 - finally!!!

Has anyone been keeping track on how long it has been since I have been able to report that I have lost some weight???? It's been a few depressing months. Well, right now, I'm reporting that I just stood on the scale and have lost 5 pounds!!!!!!! I get that it's only 5 pounds, but it's 5 pounds lost - not the 5 pounds I have gained in the past few months!!! It's a loss!!! Additionally, I weighed myself while having to tinkle and at 5:00 p.m. - that means it was probably a more significant loss (urine can weigh a 1/2 pound, and I usually gain about 2 pounds as the day goes on - I drink lots of water). So . . . that is giving me sooo much more hope.

What have I been doing? Well - I eat less!!! Smaller portions is definitely a reality. Last week I went out to celebrate my birthday nearly every night with a different group of friends, but . . . . guess what - I still have lost 5 pounds. Oh yeah - high five to me!!!!!!

Additionally, I've really put this walk/jog thing into my life. I don't do it everyday, but I have spent about 45 minutes 3-4 days a week doing it.

I don't have more than 4 hours go by without eating 100-200 calories. My first favorite snack is a piece of 50 calorie cheese (get it at Sam's club) - it's cabonet brand. I like to put the cheese either with 10-12 almonds or with 6 black pepper triscuts (they're whole grain). My second favorite snack is a 100 calorie pack of coco covered almonds (they come 7 packets to a box). I sometimes follow it up with a 90 calorie Fiber one bar if I'm extra hungry or if I'm about to use more physical effort (i.e. going to the gym, or for a 2:2, etc).

I'm definitely not bragging, but I really needed to give a group high five to all of my loyal reading peepes!!!!!

Hope you are finding some success with your efforts as well.

For me, 5 down . . . . 95 to go!!!!! Wow!!!!!! It really is a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment