Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chapter 2 page 62 - shin splints HELP!

Hi everyone!!!! I know it's been awhile since I posted anything motivational or fun to read - just boring ol' half-marathon training updates. Well, today is another boring post. I'm totally in need of your help, though.

I have terrible shin splints. I've done everything - ice, rest, taping, 3 advils at a time, stretching, deep rubbing (ouch!), light rubbing, bio freezze, everything I can think of and they feel worse today than they have so far. Oh yeah, and I've tried doing strengthening exercises like walking around on my heels and drawing the alphabet in the air with my feet (to the casual observer, I look like I've lost my mind!)

Anyone out there have suggestions?

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch!! I feel for you Lisa!! Sadly I know nothing about shin splints except that they really hurt! Feel better soon!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete