Saturday, May 8, 2010

Chapter 2 page 57 - dance dance dance

Most of you know how much I dislike music, background noise, and the like. I NEVER have the radio on! I rarely (like maybe 3 times a year) listen to music at all. Today, I'm not sure what got into me, but I downloaded about 15 songs onto my blackberry. Since I don't listen to music, I couldn't name a song, an artist, or even tell you what kind of music I like. So, the songs I got today are mostly songs I have heard at the different Zumba classes I've been going to - they're upbeat and fun and thanks to Google, I could type in a few words I knew of the song and poof, up comes the song I was looking for.

Thinking ahead to my half-marathon training where surely at least half of the sessions would be on my own, I asked for some better ear phones for my blackberry so I can listen to the music while training (though, I most often prefer silence - actually at all times I prefer silence!, I do foresee the need to have some motivational music to push me during the crazy long miles).

This afternoon, I decided to put my ear phones on and crank up the tunes and folded laundry. It wasn't long before I was dancing, doing aerobic-type moves, and working up a bit of sweat. That's got to count for something. When the laundry was done, I continued to listen to the songs and dance dance dance!!! I probably did it for at least an hour. I burned calories, worked my heart and lungs, and had fun.

I'd love to hear about your spontaneous activity stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment