Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chapter 2 page 78 - shins update

I have great news about my shins - they don't hurt! That's not exactly breaking news as I have noted for the last couple of weeks (taking that week off my HMT totally helped!!!) that they haven't hurt during my runs; however, I am now reporting they don't hurt at all. What? I mean that even though they haven't hurt during my runs, they have been extremely painful to touch. Just the lightest touch with a finger caused such pain but now . . . NO MORE!!!! My rehab friends have said that I should just massage and rub it endlessly. In fact to quote them, "if it hurts - that's where you should rub!" So . . . I've been biting on a pencil (not really) and rubbing - everyday . . . and now - pain free!!! I can't tell you how thankful I am!!! I also can't tell you how worried I am that this is temporary and that next week when we break out the 6.5 miles at 2:30/2 it will come back . . . but for now, I'm so thankful!

Hope things are going great for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment