G.I.A.N.T.S – woo hoo! Alright, you have to understand, I’m a Colts fan (and for the record, a Redskins and Ravens fan too) and the game was in Indy – I can’t possibly cheer for the Patriots – I’m sure the universe would implode or something.
Super Bowl = Snacks . . . BUT I’m trying to loose weight so . . . . this year, our snacks were “healthified” and Super Delicious! All of the recipes, except the cheeseball and sliders, came from SkinnyTaste. I’ve given the link to each item – just click on the item name and enjoy!
Go ahead, scroll through the photos, but no drooling
1. Cheeseball and 2 types of Triscuts (not homemade or healthy, but a staple so at least the crackers were whole grain).
2. Buffalo Chicken Dip served with celery and baked scoops (I honestly preferred using the celery over the chips – shocking!). It was spicy and perfect. I love hot wings and this was an easy-to-eat and yummy healthier option.
3. Baked Onion Rings – WOW – amazing – if you like onion rings, but are afraid of the calories – these are a winner!!!
5. Sliders – I don’t touch raw meat (a random fact about me) – so I use a silicone 1/3 measuring cup and fill the measuring cup with 93% ground round and then pop them out of the measuring cut . . . perfect sized sliders.
6. Pumpkin Pie Dip paired with apples and cinnamon graham crackers (my husband also dipped his with ginger snap cookies) – this is exceptional. I really love it with apples.