Alright, you all know the drill by now. For this post, I was tagged by Sammy at Happy Family, Healthy Family.
Here are 11 Random Things about Me:
1. I was fluent in American Sign Language (I still can sign, but it’s been quite awhile since I had an adult sign language conversation so I’m rusty). I spent a year teaching at the Indiana School for the Deaf and spent 4 years helping with the elementary school after-school activities at the school.
2. I taught middle school sex education for 7 years in an inner city school system in Virginia.
3. I have not ridden a bike (except for a 10 minute intro to spin class) in 18 years (HEY – that could be one of my N2U Cross Training activities).
4. I was a lifeguard and swim coach for 17 years. I had one swimmer make it to the Olympic trials.
5. When I was in the army, I could run a 6:10 m/m (for 2 miles) and I could do 95 sit ups (no crunches allowed) in 2 minutes and 62 push ups (military style) in 2 minutes. I was BUFF – man do I miss that body.
6. I’ve been a victim of a serious identify theft and a new name was created for the depth of the crime “Total Identity Take Over.” I was interviewed on the ABC Nightly News with Peter Jennings (via satelite) and Oprah (via satelite).
7. I am an only child. My dad is also an only child and my mom only has one sister who only had 2 sons. We’re a very small family!
8. I was the drum major my senior year in high school. One time at band camp . . . (yeah, I played the flute and piccolo).
9. I have traveled to 7 European countries, Japan, and Korea. I’m hoping to visit Sammy in Australia in 2-3 years!
10. I love to organize things. I thought it would be awesome to have my own organizing business, but then I saw the TV show Hoarders (you’ve all seen that show, haven’t you?). That’s just way too much for me. I’ll stick with keeping my own little collection of things organized.
11. I’m really genuinely a happy and fun person. I hope it comes through on my blog. I like people – I like to talk – I like to socialize – I just like to help others be the best them they can be! Hope you don’t mind my comments on your blogs – just trying to share some love.
Now to answer Sammy’s questions:
- Favourite vege out activity? Sleeping! I love to sleep. If that doesn’t count, then I love to watch TV in my pjs.
- Fav food? Anything with frosting and/or cream filling (sigh – cakes or donuts).
- Place you would most like to visit? Australia. I would like to go to a beautiful warm tropical islands!
- Person you would most like to meet? I’m not sure! I can’t think of anyone I would like to meet. Sorry – I’ll keep thinking about it.
- Worst job? I was a lifeguard at a gross little lake one summer – I’m a chlorine water swimmer only and that was just nasty. I also had nightmares every night that I missed someone drowning behind the raft and the next day I would find a body washed up on the beach. LONGEST.SUMMER.EVER!
- Favourite group class? Right now it’s Body Pump.
- Rich and lonely or poor and loved? Poor and loved!
- Secret Crush? I don’t really have one.
- Scruncher or a folder ... (With loo paper) Scruncher (getting mighty personal now aren’t ya?)
- Measure of a good workout - Calories or Miles Miles (or rather the time spent doing the activity)
- Addiction? Chocolate, Frosting/Cream Filling
Thanks Sammy for picking me! Stay tuned for part 2 (and I think there was a 3rd tag too).