Thanks to all of you who have been hanging with me on my journey to “healthify” my diet and loose weight. I have SO far to go, but I feel I have made some progress worthy to celebrate. I wanted to share some of the victories I’ve had . . .
1. 23 days without a donut – you have no idea how gigantic that is!
2. 52 days since I’ve had a double cheeseburger (440 calories) from McDonalds – I used to eat 2-3 of them a week (with fries for another 380 calories). Now I only order a naked grilled Classic Chicken sandwich (only 300 calories).
3. 52 days since I had a sausage & egg biscuit from McDonalds (510 calories)– I used to eat 2-3 of them a week (with hash brown for another 150 calories).
4. Tracked every BLN (bite, lick, nibble) using Myfitnesspal.com since 1/8/12
5. In the last 30 days, I have lost some inches (not overly impressive, yet – but definitely heading in the right direction): 3/4” around my waist, 2” around my hips, 1/4” around thigh, 1/2” around upper arm,
6. In the last 30 days, I dropped .8% of body fat (not great, but also heading in the right direction)
7. I’ve lost 6 pounds in the past 30 days (again, not Biggest Loser numbers, but slow and steady and heading down).
8. I need a new SMALLER belt (oh yeah!).
9. I’ve more than doubled the weights I use at Body Pump in the past 6 weeks. And I can now do all of the push ups (girls push ups for now – stay tuned, I’ll get the men’s style done in the near future).
10. Although I haven’t run (not very proud of this fact and one I hope to get back when the weather gets a bit warmer or work calms down or I stop being sick long enough), I have regained my love of fitness with my group exercise classes and am really really really really happy!!!! I’m on the right track, baby!