If you live in the area, do I have awesome news for you . . .
The Parks Department is offering an 8 week walking/running training program called SUMMER STRIDERS!!!!!
Here are the details:
1. Will be Wednesdays 5:30-6:30 p.m. from July 11 – August 29.
2. The first session will meet in the Council Chambers (upstairs) of City Hall.
3. It’s only $10 (bargain!) – cash only, please and payable the first night.
4. Every session will be a group training session. Educational topics will be addressed in emails and handouts.
5. Every participant will receive unlimited motivation and encouragement and learn how to move to the next step (faster, further, racing, whatever).
6. To learn more, check out their facebook page (I’m trying to find the link, but I don’t facebook so I’m having a little trouble at the moment). To register email them at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call them (260) 824-6069.
7. Program is open to teens and adults or other children who have participated in a 5K or school running club. Participants should be medically able to walk 2 miles in 40 minutes.
8. What’s good about joining a training program? Training with a group is WAY more fun than training alone. Talking, laughing, and sharing makes the time/training fly by! Accountability, motivation, and friendship are also huge perks of a group program.
PLEASE share this information with anyone you know. The more participation the better for everyone – more “group” for the training sessions = more fun! PLEASE spread the word and consider participating!! I’ll be there . . .and that alone makes it worth it!