Today's goals:1. Get my long run done for the week (I mean it's Sunday after all - tick tock, the week's winding down).
2. Run part of the route for my September half marathon (always a good thing to have some "experience" with a route whenever possible).
3. Help 2 local runners gain confidence for their upcoming half by helping them experience part of the race route.
4. Meet up with 2 bloggers (T & K).
5. Get a "redo" at this same route that left me so exhausted I rolled around in the grass feeling as if I couldn't finish! - I really hoped that wasn't going to be the lasting "taste in my mouth" from this route . . . I AM CAPABLE OF DOING BETTER! Click HERE if you don't remember my grass rolling "I can't go any further" training run.
How it played out:
1. Longish run done - 8.38 miles (in 2h20m using 1:05 & 2:35 intervals - I was a guest of T&A for this one so I went with what they were using - PLUS just a week ago I did the half . . . I've never gone more than like 3 miles after a half before . . . woot woot!)
2. Part of the route for next months half run - YES . . . actually did more of the route than we originally planned on (thanks "K" for the new route - a LOT of fun).
3. Help A & T gain confidence in their Sept half knowing they ran the middle section - I'm not sure that they completely gained the confidence but hopefully it will set in and definitely help them feel confident on race day! Here's a picture of us with about 1.5 miles left to go - we look like a happy bunch don't we?
|left to right: T, moi, A|
4. Bloggy meet up - YES - FUN!!! OH MY GOODNESS . . . I.CANNOT..WAIT.TO.DO.IT.AGAIN!
5. Route redo - YES . . . "Hi, I'm Wells L and this route is NOT going to get the better of me." Here's a photo of me in the grass just to show the grass who was boss this time :)
|Same grass, such a better run this time!!!!|