Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chapter 2 page 10

Jogging - just a quick blog poll . . . how many of you actually enjoy it? If you do, how did you come to love it? How many of you find it to be a necessary evil to losing weight? That's me. Not really shocking - it's FAR easier to eat donuts than to burn them off by running/jogging/walking (in case you didn't already know).

I felt VERY guilty about failing at one of my goals for the week that I forced myself to get out there today and complete this week's goal of 3 miles in 45 minutes. ANYONE who knows me AT ALL knows that I have to be talking to someone - pretty much I can do anything with a good conversationalist at my side! Well, no such luck today - just me and the bitter cold (it could have been worse, I'll admit). Others of you who know me, probably know I hate music (and noise, and repetitive background sounds), but I needed some help to motivate me today. I asked my husband to put a couple of songs I "enjoy" onto my phone and I dug out my ear phones and gave it a whirl. Gotta say, that when I got out of my car and turned on the song "I Gotta Feeling" (Black Eyed Peas) I was ready to rock and run! (NOTE: Please note that anytime you read the word RUN in my blog, it should be interpreted as a slow pathetic jog) I ran 2 1/2 miles and then I was done so I walked the last 1/2 mile (well, I had to . . . my car was 1/2 mile away). This was my first EVER run in 20 degrees and honestly it was surprisingly difficult. Who knew it was possible to sweat when it's 20 degrees? Apparently sweating happens. The other thing - how much snot can one body make? Apparently gallons and gallons. At the 2 1/2 mile mark I felt like someone was shoving broken glass into my nose (could it have been frozen snot?) and it burned soooo badly that my eyes started watering which started to freeze - good times!!!! Let me go on record right now and say the donuts WERE NOT WORTH ALL OF THAT TORTURE!!!!!!!!!!! Someone out there remind me of that the next time I fall off and get run over by the wagon!

So what songs get you moving???? Any winter walking/jogging/running tips that may help me?

Here's to staying on the wagon!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa-I am so proud of your efforts!! You have this amazing talent to make everyone around you believe in the power of themselves. Keep up the good work! Falling off the wagon is ok-as long as you are a strong enough person to get back up on it!!Jen

    ReplyDelete