How did your weekend go? Was it a success or a struggle? I know one thing for sure - it was short! UGG!
So, have you given any thought to your goals for this upcoming week? It could be to meditate, plan your meals, exercise, or call a friend you miss. I have spent all day thinking about my goals. I looked ahead at my work schedule, and this is probably one of the top 5 craziest weeks at work I will have all year so . . . my goals have to be able to "fit" into my week's schedule. I had hoped to spend 5 hours working out, but that just doesn't seem possible so . . .here's what I have come up with:
SMART goals for week 2 of 2010:
1. I will drink a bottle of water with dinner each night this week.
----If you were going to make such a goal for yourself, be sure to think this out logistically, what has to occur to make this goal work for you? Possible answers include: ensuring you have enough bottled water in the house, having it at the temperature you will drink it at (room temp or refrigerated), notifying other family members of your beverage choice for dinner, etc.
2. I will do 2 circuits with my tag at the gym on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - hopefully I will get at least 2 of them with my sweaty bff.
----If you were going to make such a goal for yourself, be sure to think this out logistically and ask, what all must occur so that I can make this happen? Possible answers include: packing your clothes, having an easy to prep dinner planned since you'll be later than normal, re-arrange your work duties so you'll get out on time, etc.
3. On Thursday, between the morning and afternoon sessions of my event, I will walk/jog for 45 minutes along my usual training path.
----If this is your type of goal, ask yourself how can you ensure this will occur - work out the logistics: where will you change?, when will you eat lunch?, what will you wear?, what if the weather is terrible? what if you're too tired? will you recruit and friend or listen to music?
4. I will eat at least 2 servings of veggies with dinner 4 nights this week.
----If this is your type of goal, ask yourself how you can make this happen? First, you'll need to ensure that you have enough veggies in the house so when will you go grocery shopping? What happens if you plan to go on Monday night and you don't make it - how can you prevent failure?
5. I will weigh myself on Monday or Tuesday morning and record it on this blog (I have no doubt it will be higher than this past Monday's result-tragic!)
So let me know what you think? What goals have you lined up for yourself for the week? Take 5 minutes to come up with 3-5 goals that will keep you on the path you want to go. I'd love to hear what you have lined up.