Monday, July 19, 2010

Chapter 2 page 101 - HMTU 32

"L" and I tackled the long run again this week together. This time we chose to do the PCT 10K route plus enter the park and go 2.5 miles in/out of the park. This 9.1 mile run/walk took us a few minutes less than last week's 8.4 mile run/walk. (note to "L": it's a good thing we did the 2 minutes past the lake - without doing so we would have not gotten to our 9 miles according to mapmyrun.com)

Great news - my shins and blisters are absolutely great! Horray! Other great news - the Pearl Izumi company sent me a pair of insoles for my size 7.5 Floats since i cut up the right one as directed by the running store which was an ultimate catastrophe. They sent them to me for free in less than a week - great customer service!

Bad news - the reason this combo of insoles and orthotics in my size 7.5 Floats has never been a good idea is because my toes get really crammed into the small toe box. They had much more room when I took out the insoles, but we all remember the blister on the ball of my foot that resulted from doing that. Now the one thing that really hurts on my body? Not my heel, not my blister, not my shins, not my back - nope . . . my middle 3 toe nails on each foot. I'm not a brave person - I'm not sure I can handle losing toe nails, let alone as many as 6 of them. YIKES!!!! Stay tuned!

One last parting piece of semi-good news - there are only 10 more long training runs (unless "C" and I run in FW on Friday then there will be 11). Here are the 10 remaining long runs that will either kill me or make me stronger (note: these are listed in miles): 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 12.5, 13, 10 mile race, 13.1 mile race.

One more piece of good news - I've been training for 13 weeks and only have 10 more to go so we are well into the second half of the training (insert party horns & confetti). (Insert the Little Engine That Could "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can")

1 comment:

  1. I think it is AMAZING that yoiu have accoplished such a feat. Heck, I am amazed I am still in this with you! LOL , "L"

    ReplyDelete