Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chapter 2 page 102 - HMTU 33

Welcome back "C"!!!!!!! If there was a half-marathon (or even a full marathon for that matter) where you get credit for talkin' rather than runnin' then we would come in first place for sure!!! We set off to do a light 3 miles of walk/jog, but since we haven't seen each other in almost 2 weeks, we spent the entire training session walking and talking . . . but we walked quickly. I think we walked like 72 minutes so I would say that we were close to 5 miles - maybe like 4.75 or so I'd guess. Tonight's catching up was so fantastic - love ya "C", missed ya "C", welcome back "C".

After our training we discussed the F4F strategy. It is becoming clearer to "L" and I (after our 9 mile training run on Monday) that we aren't going to be able to do it in 2h45m which is "C's" goal. It's a great goal and maybe someday I could work up to it, but I think rather than pushing so hard and risk hating it (we all know how I feel about doing things I hate) - that it would be better for "L" and I to do our very best but that we're not likely going to finish before 3H especially with no chip starting mat and 7500 participants - we'll lose several minutes at the start before we ever get going - that alone is a deficit that I doubt I can climb out of. "C" is going to think about her desire and goal for the event, but it would be so fun to have all 3 of us cross the finish line at the same time. That said, "C" feel no guilt - do what you need to do - we'll still love you and hope the best for you (but you better wait for us at the finish line . . . with water in hand SMILE!)

I'm training with "L" first thing tomorrow so I better wrap this up and head to bed - 3 miles in 8 hours from now . . .maybe it will be cooler???? Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment