Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chapter 2 page 107- HMTU 37 Race

What a magnificent day!!!!!!!! Today was my favorite 5K of all time! The Berne Swiss Days 5K race will be a annual event on my MUST DO list!!!!! I'm not sure what made it so fun - the fact that there were 10 people with me, or if the weather was finally not so insane, or if the route was simple, or if it was the Swiss cow bells ringing to cheer us on (yeah, that was pretty fantastic), or if it was the large enthusiastically cheering crowd all around the route, or if perhaps it was the cordial fellow racers, or if our pace which wasn't setting me up for certain death, or if it was the pancake and sausage breakfast afterward, or something else I can't put my finger on. Whatever "IT" was - IT was certainly a GREAT time!!!! This was my first time and I was so surprised that lil' ol' Berne had a race with over 600 pre-registered participants - that's crazy big!

It was great to bring 2 girls who were new to racing with me. They had a great time and are planning on doing other races. I absolutely am thrilled to share my love of participating in these events with others - and get overjoyed when they like it and will continue to participate in future races.

"L" had practically her whole family there - it was so fabulous! "L's" sister, "K", her daughter, "L", her son-in-law "J", her husband "G", and her 3 grandchildren "A", "T", & "T" were all there either participating or cheering - so fun!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am not sure why I had such a difficult time with this race except to say walking a "rugged" trail at Spring Mill earlier in the week may have something to do with it. Made me dicouraged about the final 13.1 race in September. "L".

    ReplyDelete
  2. "L" no worries - everyone has bad days . . . everyone knows that most of my training days are bad days so. . . don't worry. We're going to get through this one step at a time, one mile at a time, and one race at a time. You'll do great. Hope your hip gets to feeling better - maybe you need a scraping treatment?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun race. I'll have to keep it in mind for next year :)

    ReplyDelete