Monday, October 4, 2010

Chapte 2 page 156 - TR 58 simple 7

Early last week I was totally focused on rest and recovery after my first half-marathon. Later in the week I wanted to do a little training, but got swamped with work and had to miss out on a chance for the 3 Musketeers to reunite - HUGE bummer!

Tonight, "C" and I set out for a little 4 miler on some familiar terrain but ended up going 7 miles (we walked the first and last, but did 2:10/1 for the entire middle 5 miles (a total of 14 intervals). I have to say it was EASY - though the pace wasn't entirely what I would call slow. I NEVER dreamed that I would ever utter the words "7 miles is easy" - ha! What a difference a year has made for me. Now, I have to give "C" a lot of kudos because I completely and totally monopolized the conversation the entire time. Typically, it is "C" and "L" who carry the bulk of the conversation and I just interject questions from time to time or mention something spontaneous and unrelated and get us side tracked. But tonight . . ."C" just let me talk, and talk, and talk, and talk (and the miles just kept ticking away). Honestly, it's by far the longest I have ever talked while training and I was very surprised that I could talk and run - gone is the humidity of the summer that made me wheeze like an out of shape lard butt. I honestly talked and ran for 5 miles - pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

"C" - I'm sorry I spent the entire time running my mouth. Thanks for the therapy - I feel so much better. I'll share the floor (or the path) moving forward.

2 comments:

  1. I had a great time this evening. The weather was perfect! I can't believe we ran that far and that fast! I'm glad you were able to talk instead of me for a change. After talking to students all day it's nice to listen. Tomorrow it will be the 3 of us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four miles just turned into 7? Dang ladies! That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete