Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chapter 2 page 170 - TR 65 long run in the winter?

Today "C" and I ventured out for a long run. Our goal was to go slow and steady so we could have a successful run. The last long run ended 1.5 miles early because of my calf. Today's route was changed a number of times prior to our start - why? Minimize the impact of the crazy weather.

Today's weather conditions:
temp: 46 degrees
wind speed: 16 mile an hour with gusts 20-25 miles an hour
wind chill (seems like not long ago I was writing about heat index): 39 degrees BRRRRRR!

Distance: Not exactly certain but as best as mapmyrun.com can figure out - it was about 10.5 miles (bummer - I really thought it was closer to 11.5 miles).

Interval used
: 2:10/1

Final thoughts
: HUGE success! I'm very excited that we were able to go the distance and have a good training session. One more long run on the schedule for next week and then tapering for the Women's Half Marathon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there. I would love to meet up with you at the WHM in St. Pete. I am going over the night before and a few of us are staying in a hotel. Maybe we can find a meeting place before or after and say hello. What time are you shooting for to meet? I have slacked a lot in my training and am really now shooting for completion. Even if I have to walk (a lot)

    ReplyDelete