Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chapter 2 page 157 - TR 59 Work & Run

As many of you know, I'm co-coordinating this Girls' Night Out event on 10/15/10. I'm responsible for all aspects of the overall event, the check-in process, the 2 mile walk, and some other minor aspects (3 other ladies are coordinating the other components like the dinner and Zumba). Because of this summer's insane heat, I have not actually walked the path which means I haven't actually determined the finer points of the route (i.e. where to place cones, volunteers, balloons, chalk marks, etc). Tonight, my awesome training partner "C" ("L" stood us up - boo) and I walked and ran the course 3 times. We looked at the route from the participant's point of view and from the event planner's perspective. "C"- a million thanks for your help! There is no way I could have done all that work without you. So although this was actually work for me, it was also a great chance to for us to train. We did an easy 3 miles (2 miles walking and 1 mile doing a run/walk interval - rather quickly - not nearly as easy as yesterday's training).

If you are looking for something fun to do 30 minutes south of Fort Wayne on Friday, October 15th, can I suggest this? You won't be disappointed - I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment