Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chapter 2 page 166 - TR 63 pathetic

Oh my goodness - there are no words to describe how poorly I performed today during our training today.

photo source: http://www.shortarmguy.com/emailsjan05.htm

First, I forgot to pack my sports bra which really sucked, but we opted for a route through the woods so as to not scare other runners. Second, I forgot body glide - uggg. Third, having forgotten those 2 important things, I didn't even bother to put on my toe socks. Fourth, we might have not warmed up properly, but my left leg felt sooooo tight (like a sausage that was overly stuffed in a casing) - ODD! It got worse and so we cut our 4 miler short to only 2.5 miles - Pathetic! Surely C" is going to soon vote me off the island because I'm the weakest link. Needless to say, I'm really scared I'll not get a PR at the Rat Race on Sunday and more importantly, I'm afraid I'm going to fly all the way to Florida in November only to have to walk a HUGE amount of the Women's Half Marathon (how badly would that suck!!!!) I know that some runs are better than others, but I have to get some higher miles under my belt PDQ.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a bad run! Don't worry too much - I've had plenty of bad runs and always managed to do well in the races (except for the 3RRC 12K when I was sick). You always come out stronger after. Rest up and rock the Rat Race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has bad run days. At least you did it. I, however, did not. So I am now the weakest link. I am already off the island. THINK POSITIVE. YOu always do better at the event, because you like the socialness. "L"

    ReplyDelete