Monday, December 13, 2010

Chapter 2 page 200 - TR 75 Sexy, Slick & Shiver

Sexy, huh?!?!

Tonight "L" and I got together for what was suppose to be a several mile training session using the 2:2 interval; however, due to numerous intermittent slippery spots, we elected to just walk. We ended up going 2.5 miles in about 38 minutes. Not a break neck pace . . . but that was to ensure we didn't break our necks on the icy path. I was pretty disappointed in the condition of the route. I had hoped that walkway would have been cleared better. I had always considered it my "go to" route in case the city streets would be impassable. Bummer!

The temp was 18 degrees with a windchill of 10 degrees. 10 degrees - BRRR! I decided to wear tights, french terry pants, a long sleeve compression shirt, a long sleeve cotton t-shirt, and my bright yellow reflective shirt. I wore a bondi band (says "Looks like walking, feels like running") and a knit cap. I also had a scarf and gloves.

We began our walk at around 5:15 so it was definitely getting dark quickly. The icy patches weren't terribly difficult to see the first 1.25 miles as is it was still light; however, parts of the way back were treacherous.

We had a good time chatting and are looking forward to going to cheer on "C's" youngest daughter tomorrow night at her swim meet. Good luck "B"! We promise not to embarrass you . . . too much!

3 comments:

  1. I give you both high fives for braving the elements tonight! It sounds like it will be nicer on Friday and Saturday for our runs. It's been over two weeks for me since I ran. Hope I can keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on getting out there! It's horrible outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That look = HOT. Great job getting it done.

    ReplyDelete