Monday, December 12, 2011

Chapter 2 page 494–Can you hear me now?

As I posted yesterday, I hurt my left quad while shopping with my mom on Saturday.  I have GREAT news to report that it’s feeling a lot better.  I can walk around the house and do all of my all my daily routine pretty much pain free . . . making me think that it might have been a severe cramp rather than a pull?  Not sure, but either way I’m thrilled it’s feeling better!

BUT . . .

I went to bed last night with a little tickle in my throat – hmmmm.  I woke up this morning with a deep cough and a very sore throat.  With all that is on my plate later this week, I opted to stay home today from work to rest and hydrate (and then pee). 

Tonight is my 3rd (or 6) boot camp classes.  I honestly think it would be prudent to stay home, but I must go to a visitation at a funeral home that is near the boot camp class so I will already be “in the neighborhood” (the class is a 40 minute drive from my house) so I might as well just go to the class.

I can’t help but wonder if the universe is trying to tell me something about me participating in Saturday’s 50K HUFF Ultra Trail Relay.  I have a back up lined up, but I REALLY hope that I can recover quickly and do the race!

How do you decide whether to push through and do a work out or a race or to sit one out?  I have always heard if it is above the neck that it’s safe to work out, but that with a sore throat or “in the chest” that it’s best to rest. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you aren't having good luck are ya? I will be sending get well vibes your way. I am SO glad that your quad is feeling better!

    I typically rest if I feel like its in my chest or if it feels like my body is "dragging" or over tired. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Buddy!!! Take it easy in class tonight!!! No sense hurting your hammie again anyway! You can be Kimberlys cheerleader!!! If it makes you feel any better I tripped running over a bridge yesterday and thought I broke my pinkie finger and kneecap!!!! LOL!!! All better today! :) (thank god no one saw me!!!) Feel better soon!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! I hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete