Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chapter 2 page 505– TR 182 oh yeah!

Don’t ask me why, but I seem to struggle to remember something SOOO simple and something that is said SOOO often on running blogs . . .

YOU NEVER REGRET THE RUNS YOU DO, ONLY THE ONES YOU DON’T DO!

I honestly can’t understand why that lesson is not screaming in my head at least as loudly as ALL the excuses I can easily and quickly come up with to skip a particular run. 

But today, in an attempt to achieve one more running thing in 2011, get to 600 miles for the year, I went for a run although I REALLY wanted to just go home and put on my PJs.  I had 100 excuses to not run, but I convinced myself (after reading all of your awesome comments on my last post) that I would do 3 miles.  (I probably wasn’t really quite THAT excited about doing this run, but I am “kinda” excited about getting to 600 miles). 

12.29 run pix

. . . .DRUM ROLL PLEASE . . . .

total distance run:  4.67 MILES

It only took me ONE hour!

. . . .HIGH 5’s PLEASE . . . .

With only a handful of training runs completed since October (other than races) and a respiratory virus that just won’t stop making me cough (and sound like a phone sex worker . . . not that I would actually know what one sounds like).  I feel pretty amazing about this run!!!!

I didn’t have a watch nor an interval timer but know I can’t just “run” – I have to do intervals (at least for now – hopefully some day I won’t have to).  After a 3 song walking warm up (I figured that was pretty close to about 10 minutes), I ran a song then walked a song for the entire time.  Why is that amazing – well . . . since September, I haven’t run more than 1 minute at a time (with the exception of THIS run a couple of weeks ago).  It was challenging but kind of fun – a nice change from my normal intervals. 

6 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay!!! YOU CAN DO IT! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray, so proud of you! :) The weather was nice for running today, which is of course a bonus. So proud of all you have accomplished this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job pushing yourself out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two high-fives from me and one from Miles. The other hand has slobber on it :) Great job on the run! I hope you enjoyed the beautiful weather yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally AMAZING!!!! I can't even fathom those miles, let alone doing it whilst sounding like a sex working - VERY FUNNY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you would and could do it. Proud of you.
    "L"

    ReplyDelete