Miss Zippy asked everyone to share a 2011 recap (click HERE to see her original post). What a fun way to look back, so I thought I would join in on the action too. . .
- Best race experience? I had so many GREAT races this year – it’s been an over-the-top awesome racing year for me. I’d have to say that my best short race was Runner’s On Parade (3 miler) not only because I PR’d, but because I had a blast screwing around with “C” afterward (the 2nd from the left picture in my blog’s header is an example of said screwing around). My best long distance race is a tie between Fort 4 Fitness and last weekend’s HUFF. I loved F4F because I was able to share it with about a dozen people that I had mentored over the summer and had a PR smackdown. The HUFF was an experience of a lifetime. I pushed passed personal, physical and mental limits I didn’t know I had. I overcame MUD and WATER and did it with the 2 most amazing women on my Victorious Secret Team.
- Best run? My 169th training run on 9/30/11 apparently (according to my blog title and run recap) was a great one. I don’t have too many great runs so you’d think I’d remember them better.
- Best new piece of gear? At first I was like, “I don’t have a lot of new gear”, but WAIT – I finally found shoes that didn’t hurt me! I’ve been through what feels like dozens and dozens of shoes and finally . . . Nike Pegasus seem to be working out well for me (Yay!). I even made finding “the shoe” Goal #1 for 2011 – accomplished!
- Best piece of running advice you received? It’s a tie. Most helpful this year was “Run your own race” meaning don’t get caught up in emotions or the pace of others . . . stick to your plan. Second, “Have Fun” – for me, running is a super social activity – I don’t meet strangers during races –have fun, laugh, and enjoy the experience.
- Most inspirational runner? I’d have to say that everyone I worked with in my Spring Into Training group and MOA. Each of them set a goal well past what they ever dreamed for themselves and they blew it out of the water!!! Soooo proud of them!!!
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Fantastic, Awesome, Exciting, Fun!
Your turn . . .