Monday, December 26, 2011

Chapter 2 page 501–Miss Zippy’s 2011 Recap

Miss Zippy asked everyone to share a 2011 recap (click HERE to see her original post).  What a fun way to look back, so I thought I would join in on the action too. . .

  • Best race experience? I had so many GREAT races this year – it’s been an over-the-top awesome racing year for me.  I’d have to say that my best short race was Runner’s On Parade (3 miler) not only because I PR’d, but because I had a blast screwing around with “C” afterward (the 2nd from the left picture in my blog’s header is an example of said screwing around).  My best long distance race is a tie between Fort 4 Fitness and last weekend’s HUFF.   I loved F4F because I was able to share it with about a dozen people that I had mentored over the summer and had a PR smackdown.  The HUFF was an experience of a lifetime.  I pushed passed personal, physical and mental limits I didn’t know I had.  I overcame MUD and WATER and did it with the 2 most amazing women on my Victorious Secret Team. 
  • Best run? My 169th training run on 9/30/11 apparently (according to my blog title and run recap) was a great one.  I don’t have too many great runs so you’d think I’d remember them better. 
  • Best new piece of gear? At first I was like, “I don’t have a lot of new gear”, but WAIT – I finally found shoes that didn’t hurt me!  I’ve been through what feels like dozens and dozens of shoes and finally . . . Nike Pegasus seem to be working out well for me (Yay!).  I even made finding “the shoe” Goal #1 for 2011 – accomplished!
  • Best piece of running advice you received? It’s a tie.  Most helpful this year was “Run your own race” meaning don’t get caught up in emotions or the pace of others . . . stick to your plan.  Second, “Have Fun” – for me, running is a super social activity – I don’t meet strangers during races –have fun, laugh, and enjoy the experience. 
  • Most inspirational runner? I’d have to say that everyone I worked with in my Spring Into Training group and MOA.  Each of them set a goal well past what they ever dreamed for themselves and they blew it out of the water!!!  Soooo proud of them!!!
  • If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be?  Fantastic, Awesome, Exciting, Fun!

Your turn . . .

2 comments:

  1. I like this post. Fun! You know the year was great when you had more than one "best race experience".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing year! My best race has to have been my marathon, just because it was a first for me. To sum up the year? AMAZING!
    Oh, and don't worry...I certainly don't aspire to be Gordon Ramsey. I just got the recipe from his website!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete