Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chapter 2 page 28 - pathetic performance

So here is a question -

Is it just me????? Or have you ever noticed that when you eat poorly, you are unable to work out at the level you normally can (and vice versa - though today I'm focusing on the poor choices)?

I ate a pretty crappy lunch today and I just didn't have enough in the tank to put forth a good effort at Zumba tonight (at one point I considered leaving the class early - those of you who know me, know that is NOT me . . . normally). The entire time that I was sucking air during the class, I was screaming in my head "WHY DO I CHOOSE TO EAT POORLY - I KNOW THE RESULT AND I HATE THE RESULT!!!!" There have been a couple of times in the past 6 months or so where I have really noticed the direct relationship between what I eat for lunch and my level of performance during my workouts in the afternoon/evening. It's really quite shocking and should be enough to deter me from making poor decisions in the future - but NOPE, it's like I have amnesia again and again. Ugggg!!!!!!

Now, having said all of this and having confessed all of my flaws and weight struggles to the multitude of readers of this blog - it's worth noting that I do have a masters degree in health education and a bachelors degree in health ed and physical education. I totally know what should be done, how it should be done, and why it should be done . . . AND YET - I continually DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! Dear God, please fix me.

Hopefully you're not getting tired of reading this blog, but I for SURE am tired of failing - of making the wrong decisions! I pledge to continue to try and make better decisions more often than I make poor ones.

Promise you won't give up on me, and I promise not to give up on myself . . . or you!

No comments:

Post a Comment