Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chapter 2 page 31 paragraph 2 - what do you have to lose?

A second post on a title that has inspired me - "What do you have to lose?"

In the last post it was about taking inventory of your life and identifying what things need to go - a sort of "closet cleaning" for yourself. (p.s. Susie - thank you sooo much for your comment - you are an inspiration. I'm thrilled we have become blogging friends!!!!! Hang in there - you'll get where you're going!!!)

In this post - "What do you have to lose?" I'd like to focus on the expression that people offer one another when they are encouraging you to take a particular course of action - - - as in, "should I ski down the black diamond mountain?" Your friend says, "Sure, what do you have to lose?" This is usually where I get all serious and say - ummm, my life! my limbs! my brain! and my dignity!!!!! Okay, so that was an example inspired by the Olympics and not likely to ever happen to me in real life, but hopefully you get what I'm trying to say.

So, in the last post we looked at what things we needed to lose - now, I ask - "what do you have to lose" in actually losing them? In theory, it seems simple enough - lose what's not working - jump in with both feet - relish in the freedom of not having them slowing you down. But the reality is that it isn't as easy as turning on or off a light switch - if it were, we would all be doing things perfectly.

I leave with you this question - What do you have to lose by losing what you have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment