Today's question -
What's working for you with your current situation?
Let's say you want to change the way you eat, or you want to lose weight, or you want to exercise more (or even just some), or you want to get out of debt, or you want to be happier, or you want to have a better marriage. Whatever it is you want - look at your current situation and ask - what's working for you having things the way they are? Something good must be going on and you must have something positive to say about it because if it were all truly messed up you would stop the current situation and make immediate corrections. So I ask - what's working for you?
Let's take my situation of being overweight as an example. What's working for me? Well:
1. I eat what I want, when I want, and how much I want.
2. I'm not restrictive when eating out or celebrating girls night out.
3. I don't measure or count - it's rather the lazy way of eating.
4. Little to no planning required.
5. I'm low maintenance (able to eat most anything, no special restrictions or actions required) in the eating department.
6. I don't feel as fat as I actually am (it's shocking to see my reflection in the large dance studio mirrors during zumba class - yikes!!!)
7. It's easy and no discipline is required.
Your turn - name a situation (that you want to change) and tell me what's working for you.
Stay tuned - the next post we will explore what's not working!