Today's question -
What's NOT working for you with your current situation?
My last post looked sarcastically at "what IS working" for you about your current situation. For this post - let's give a serious introspective about what IS NOT working in your current situation. It's this list of things that aren't working which often is the motivation to change (though, each item on the list may not singularly be significant enough to push us off the mountain into change). These things that aren't working are often the things that we desire will be different or be better once we have made the desired change.
I'll be the example to start:
I'm terribly overweight -
(this section is a review from last week's post . . . What IS working?)
1. I eat what I want, when I want, and how much I want.
2. I'm not restrictive when eating out or celebrating girls night out.
3. I don't measure or count - it's rather the lazy way of eating.
4. Little to no planning required.
5. I'm low maintenance (able to eat most anything, no special restrictions or actions required) in the eating department.
6. I don't feel as fat as I actually am (it's shocking to see my reflection in the large dance studio mirrors during zumba class - yikes!!!)
7. It's easy and no discipline is required.
NOW - What ISN'T working?
1. I don't feel as healthy as I could (aches, pains, asthma, etc).
2. I'm not the role model I need and want to be for my wellness clients, co-workers, and family.
3. I'm tired of being lazy and not accomplishing the goals I set.
4. Buying "big girl" clothes isn't fun - and they really aren't stylish either.
5. I love my husband so much and want a very long, healthy, life with him - things have to improve with my fitness and diet in order for that to happen.
6. My husband and I want to participate in outdoor activities such as hiking, canoeing, etc that right now I just don't feel confident to engage in.
7. I'm tired of being fat!
So, now it's your turn - pick a current situation in your life and ask yourself, what isn't working about the current situation?