Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chapter 2 page 127 - T minus 36 hours

36 hours from now (God willing) "C", "L", and I will be crossing the finish line of the longest race that "L" and I have ever participated in.

I feel very well trained for the 10 mile race since we have been training for 21 weeks. We have done 5 training runs that are longer than our race will be.

Despite having confidence in my training and in my training partners who will be with me every step of the way - I'm totally freaking out. I really want to go faster than we have ever gone before, but I also don't want to "hit the wall" and end up in the ditch (feel pretty confident in saying that "L" doesn't want me in the ditch either - ha!) like I did on the 13 mile training run.

I have high hopes that Saturday's Parlor City Trot 10 mile race will be a very good experience and give me added confidence going into my first half-marathon which is just 22 days away-yikes.

See you Saturday "C" & "L" . . . watch out Bluffton, here comes the 3 Musketeers!

3 comments:

  1. You are going to do fantastic! Just have fun and do what feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited too! I might even have my youngest duaghter there to cheer us on at the finish. Thhe weather sounds fantastic! Much better than some of the hot and humid and even rainy days that we have trained in over the past few months. Eat a good meal and get plenty of rest. See you tomorrow at the starting line!

    ReplyDelete