Friday, September 3, 2010

Chapter 2 page 128 - T minus 11 hours

I'm soooooooooo nervous. I get nervous before 5K's, but NOTHING like this. The race director and I put out the race course signs (dude, that's a HUGE job - maybe take it from me and never volunteer to do that!!!! I must have walked 5 miles today in my work shoes not my running shoes - ouch! And, we have not gotten a drop of rain in over 20 days so the ground could not have been harder - shoving those signs in the ground was NOT easy!!!). I had hoped that knowing the exact route would help me be calmer - nope, just think I'm even more worried. The middle 4 miles are going to be mentally challenging - I'm not going to lie!

On a positive note, we've run the middle 4 mile route several times so I know I can do it, but it's mentally soooo far (deep breath and remind self - it's only 4 miles then we'll be on the home stretch . . . if a home stretch can be 3 miles long).

Thanks girls for your words of encouragement in my previous post. Totally helpful to know that you were sending your good luck vibes my way!!!

Tomorrow's post will be all about my first 10 mile race. See you tomorrow, if not at the race, then in the blogosphere! I can only hope I am able to report that the 2:1 occurred for the whole race and that I gave it my all. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! You will rock it! Will we get a race recap? Maybe some race pics? ;)

    ReplyDelete