Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chapter 2 page 141- HMTU 55 & 5K recap

This afternoon the 3 Musketeers plus 3 insanely cute children under the age of 5 plus "L's" friend packed up the vehicles and drove to Kokomo for the 3rd annual Girls' Night Out. This is my second time participating in this very unique and truly enjoyable event. I enjoyed it so much last year that I, as part of my job, am coordinating a very similar event in Bluffton in October - click here for more details about the 10/15/10 event.

Back to tonight's event. This year's event was different from last years, but still worth the trip. Last year featured a dinner and 2 hours of Zumba whereas tonight's event had snacks and an interactive fun concert in the park (though we didn't stay for the concert). The 5K had over 300 women - how awesome! It is the race where I won 3rd place in my age group last year and got a pink trophy (shown at the top of my blog's sidebar). Tonight we didn't win anything, but we had a nice time doing something so completely out of our norm.

One more EASY training session before next Saturday's half . . . unbelievable!

2 comments:

  1. Those Girls' Night Out events sound like so much fun! Too bad I'll be out of town for the Bluffton one :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun event. If only B-town were not so far away!

    ReplyDelete