Monday, May 9, 2011

Chapter 2 page 306 - TR 107 & shout out

Today was our last "long"run before our half - it was 6.5 miles and the first 2.5 miles felt SOOOO hard.  No worries -  it's a DONE on the training schedule.  We completed it in 1:37:47.  Not a speedy time by a long shot - but mileage accomplished nonetheless!

I'm beginning to sound like a negative Nelly who whines all the time and for that I'm really sorry - I promise to try to not share all my problems with you.  As you all know, I'm pretty prone to aches and pains.  Running is QUITE painful for me.  It's not like I ever run and feel awesome afterward.  I usually hurt in numerous places for several days.  The last few weeks I've really been struggling with shin splints on my left leg and the past week my right knee has been hurting . . . and you know, there's "THE HEEL" (insert suspense music).  Today, my shin and knee were killing me - no idea why other than fat girls probably should sit on the couch and not run.  We stopped at about the 2.5 mile mark and stretched - that seemed to REALLY help.  The next 1.5 miles didn't seem so bad.  We then stopped for a quick water break (it was nearly 80 degrees here today - BEAUTIFUL!) and I stretched some more.  The next 2 miles felt pretty good and we finished by walking the last bit.

Nothing about today felt easy - except LOVING the weather.  I certainly hope that next Saturday when race day comes, things will be easier!!!!

 Quick shout out to the 4 peeps I saw while we were out there.  Thanks "B" for coming out of your office to say "hey!"  What a great way to start our run.  Then, how awesome was it to see my SBFF "M" out walking (something she hates, but is part of the Spring Into Training program and has really committed to it - soooooo proud of her!).  At the end we saw "A" and  her training partner (dude, totally forget her name. . . ummm, I suck -sorry!).  So fantastic to see you two girls - way to go completing 3 weeks of training for your very first half.  AND - thanks for being readers of my blog!!!!!  All 4 of you are fabulous women and I'm soooo proud of the efforts they are each making in their own walking/running journey!  Great job ladies!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for getting the mileage in and done! I usually have a few little aches and pains after I run, but yours sound much more painful. I usually have sore knees or muscles. I started getting into the habit of icing my knees immediately after a run just for preventative measures. I don't want to deal with another knee injury this year.

    ReplyDelete