Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chapter 2 page 377 - Pop of color

As you probably have gathered, I'm trying to bring some style to my racing attire- NOT easy to do when you're a big girl.  As has been previously discussed on this blog, there are no "cute big girl" running clothes out there (at least none that I can find).  So . . . I'm bringing my "bestest" cute factor with nail polish and any accessories I can (visor, compression sleeves, etc), but check out my latest addition . . .
You can click on the photo to enlarge it to read my Paint writing.
Although the colors didn't come through nearly as bright and beautiful as they are in real life - just use your imagination 'cuz in real life - they are bright and bold and beautiful pops of color.  Ohhhh and they were on clearance for only $1.39.  Can't wait to wear them to the next race (Swiss Days 5K on 7/30).  But WAIT - you get to vote . . . leave me a comment telling which color I should wear at my next race -here's your choices:

These are my shirts  - which color should I wear
A..  Peacock "Power" Blue

B.  "Rocket" Red

C.  "Performance" Pink

D. "Lightening Fast" Indigo

E.  Lime "Go-fast" Green

F.  "PR" Purple

So . . . leave me a comment with what color I should wear on 7/30 - if there's a tie, I guess I'll have to run 2 5K's on 7/30 (Swiss Days 5K in the morning and the Gator Gallop 5K in the evening . . .always wanted to try that challenge).

14 comments:

  1. To quote Julia Roberts in "Steel Magnolias": Pink is my signature color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am partial to the light green as the lightest color it will keep you the coolest.

    There are no race clothes for little girls! Seriously. Went to DICKS per your suggestion and nothing in small sizes. I think we get the raw deal cuz of all these skinny mini runners out there! Taking my goods!

    I am still on the fence as to which race to do. Gator is closer to FW though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has to be PR Purple! And hope that it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm torn, but I think I would go with the purple. What color are you doing your nails?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ KT80 - I have nail polish to match each of those colors :) I even just bought some glitter nail polish - ohh, it's cool and would look great with pink or purple!!!!

    @ Holly - They are 2 very different races. The Swiss Days is HUGE - like 600+ people with hundreds of spectators ringing cow bells and cheering. It gets a bit crowded on some of the turns. It's 2 laps within the town and then a 1/2 mile out and 1/2 mile back country road (that part is a little boring - but it's fun to cheer the other racers on as they pass you). St. Al is 100% rural and is much smaller. I vote you do both with me :) HA! I'm definitely doing Swiss Days - really don't want to do St. Al. I'll be doing it/them alone - "C" and "L" will be gone - boo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All this talk of 5k's makes me want to do another one before my Warrior Dash! I LOVE the green color. After that, my vote would be for purple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. To answer your foam roller question: I will admit that my upper body strength is lacking, and it was pretty hard for me to hold myself up while foam rolling. BUT--it gets much easier. And it's so worth it for my legs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for C!! Pink is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the PR Purple. The short I wore at my las 5K was from the Under Armour outlet. I have 3 of them in different colors, they are one of my favorite tanks. I am also a fan of some new ones at Target by Champion, then are more a-line style and flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm actually going to run the Swiss Days 5K Race this year too! Maybe we can meet in person?! And I would personally go with the bright pink! I love that color!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coming from a house full of boys ... pink would be my first choice...

    ReplyDelete
  12. PINK IT IS!!!! Thanks to everyone for your input. Pink is my favorite color too (it's not my favorite shirt from the selection, but definitely my favorite color). I'll be busting out pink sparkly nails with a pink shirt and my new pink ponytail holder :) Thanks - what a fun way to pick a race outfit - any thoughts on what I should wear to work today?? Just kidding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw... shucks! I missed out! Since blue is my fave color, I would suggest that, although I LOVE the PR purple. I am sure you will look absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete