Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chapter 2 page 387 - paging Dr. Google STAT!

Has anyone had 2nd MTT overload syndrome?  It really sounds like the explanation to my left foot pain that developed when I tried new shoes without my orthotics on Sunday - what a shock that a new pair of shoes led to a pain! I'm doing the conservative care at the moment - rest, ice, and rx strength ibuprofen . . . trying to decide if I should get a physician's opinion right away or not (half marathon in less than 3 weeks).  Thoughts? 

2 comments:

  1. Yikes. Not sure. Sounds like next time don't do a long run without the orthotics.

    Maybe ease into non-orthontics/new shoes on shorter runs first. Then build your way up as you do your training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of it! If you have decent insurance, I say go in and get it checked. It never hurts to be sure, especially with a race so close. Take care and I will see you tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete