Friday, February 4, 2011

Chapter 2 page 229 -celebrate wtih me & TR 80

This post may really sound like I'm tooting my own horn, and although, I'm not, I AM definitely celebrating my successes today.

Let's start with my breakfast . . .
That's a whole wheat bagel thin with peanut butter (I know PB isn't all that healthy, but this is a process and I'll be working toward almond butter shortly). That's 1 cup of grapes and a bottle of water. I think it's an okay breakfast for an on-the-go morning. I welcome feedback - what do you think about my breakfast this morning?

Next, let's move onto lunch . . .
I ate at Quizno's today. I will be having a whole post just on Quiznos soon (maybe this weekend). But for now . . . that's a bowl of chicken noodle soup (110 kcal, 3.5 grams of fat). That's a small chicken Cesar salad with barely any balsamic vinaigrette dressing- I dipped my fork in it (155 kcal, 4.75 grams of fat). That's right folks, this morbidly obese blogger consumed only 265 calories and had 5 servings of veggies - booya!

Next . . .
Are you sitting down? . . . .
I got back on the running wagon!!! Here is a self portrait of me after my run . . .sexy huh! I'm flashing my hand sign to show my awesome new running gloves that "C" gave me for Christmas (absolutely the greatest things EVER!!!!! - thanks "C" - I wore them the whole time, never took them off. They were a sweaty mess by the end, but my hands stayed nice and warm)

Now, let's take a moment (together) to share in the joy of this run. You see, this run - this run was a trifecta of awesome-accomplishmentness!!!!
Let me tell you why:
1.) I went 5 miles . . . me, 5 miles (I haven't run in 5 weeks)!! Can I get a WOOT WOOT?!?!?!

2.) I did it ALONE!!!!! I have NEVER gone 5 miles ALONE EVER in my life!!!! Maybe once back in like 1999, but that was because I was misinformed about the distance around the Langley Air Field! Anyone who knows me, or has read this blog for awhile, KNOWS I CAN'T DO THIS RUNNING THING ALONE, but tonight . . . I went 5 miles ALL BY MYSELF.

3.) Because I had my new yurbud ipod shuffle jams playing too loudly (shame on me) I couldn't hear my devil beeper so guess what interval I used???????? Ran 1/2 mile, walked 1/2 mile (the path I ran has the 1/2 miles marked) - the entire 5 miles!!!! My running 1/2 mile took 6.5-7 minutes (I know - not super fast, but this is me we're talking about - that's my pretty usual pace AND it was VERY treacherous in places along the path). I've not run 1/2 mile very many times in my life let alone 5 times in ONE run!!! Also, I did a dancing walk during my 1/2 mile of walking - yes, people saw me - I didn't care!!!! How about another WOOT WOOT?!?!

4.) This one is pretty major for me and will only truly be appreciated by "C" and "L" - I took NOTHING with me (except my ipod and devil beeper and of course, wore my watch). No water, no phone, no kleenexes, no lip balm, no chews (might have been a good idea to have water and chews). It was amazing to have nothing with me - my training partners know I don't go anywhere without the kitchen sink! Yeah to downsizing!

One last thing . . .
I lost 4 pounds! I'm not sure it's entirely from this week's awesome lifestyle makeover or just water weight and luck, but a loss is a loss and I'll gladly accept it!!!

Thanks everyone for your help and support. I really appreciate your comments and hope you'll continue to offer suggestions, advice, and support. This is HUGE for me (since I'm a HUGE person) and I need all the help I can get.

5 comments:

  1. You did awesome! And PB is NOT bad for you! Just make sure you don't feel like you are depriving yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLLER!! You rocked this day! Awesome!

    PB IS GOOD!! Try switching to the Natural PB if you can -- no hydrogenated oils. Kroger and Meijer make their own even if you want some store brand (aka. does not cost an arm and leg). Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!! I wish I could have been there with you! I still can't believe you ran in the freezing cold just recovering from a viral infection. You are a trooper. Your 5 miles makes my 2 miles look like a joke. I'm glad you like the gloves. It's amazing how much your hands can sweat. I can't wait to hear your blogging about Quiznos. I'm proud of your 4 lbs!!!! Keep up the terrific work. Hope to see you soon! We have so much to catch up on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd enjoy more posts on Quiznos; never been there!

    Your breakfast and lunch looked yummy! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete