Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chapter 2 page 239 - Shoaf Park today 2 p.m.

For anyone in the Fort Wayne area with a little free time this afternoon - you may want to head up to Shoaf Park and participate in the Fanny Freezer 5K. It's only $5 ($3 if you're a FWTC member). It's a low key, basic 5K, but with temps in the mid 30's today - it will be great weather for it!!! It was a chip timed race last year so I would assume it is once again. Not a runner? No problem, this event is walker friendly. Last year there were some folks in the back of the group wearing jeans and their winter coats. Pack up the family and go for a walk (or run) with several hundred other people. It's on the banks of a river (not sure which one) and couldn't be more scenic with the snow, river, trees, and families frolicking in the park engaged in various winter activities such as cross country skiing, sledding, and snow man making. What else should you know? There are no potty facilities; registration takes place outside by the baseball diamond; maybe arrive at 1:30 since the event starts at 2:00. I also think there are awards for age group winners (I don't usually pay attention to that detail because there's never a chance I could win, but maybe Holly and Kimberly could rock an award).

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could go but we're taking a second look at a house at 2 p.m. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your knee is feeling well enough for a 5k. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I elected not to do this race . . . letting my knee heal just a little more. It feels pretty good, but standing and stairs still hurt it. I will try to go for an easy 2 mile walk tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete