Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chapter 2 page 236 - knee improving

Good news! My knee is feeling 50% better. I have been taking the prescription strength Aleve and been doing the exercises my PT friend showed me. I went up and down a LOT of stairs today and I did it pretty well. This morning, when I went down 3 small steps I winced aloud, but as the day went on (and the number of stairs I had to climb and descend increased) my knee felt "better" and not worse like it has since last Friday. I'm super excited!!!! Woo Hoo! My foot also feels different - maybe better, but definitely different. It's not the sharp severe pain that I have been experiencing - it's more of a hmmm. . . . I don't know how to describe it -it's a little better. I'm still resting until at least Monday and then I might go for a short walk. The pain isn't completely gone, but I'm not near tears every time I bend it (victory!).


Side note: I went to work at 5:30 a.m. and the actual temperature was -17 with a windchill of -25. Dang gone that's cold.

What was today's temp where you live?

3 comments:

  1. So I missed posting what I ate so here goes...
    whole grain spaghetti w/sauce ( a liitle meat in the sauce. I then steamed some fresh mushrooms, zuchinni, onions, peppers and some sliced carrots and topped my 1/2 cup of noodles with a generous portion of the veggies before I added my sauce.
    Delicious, Nutritious and filling!! Yum. By the way your skillet looked amazing. I love using colored peppers. They make it look so pretty and they taste great too! I am glad you are seeing some progress on your knee.
    You are doing great!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Thanks for checking in with me! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete