Monday, February 7, 2011

Chapter 2 page 233 - TR 82 & veggie rainbow

Let's start off with my awesome 3 miler . . .could it be that I enjoy running? alone? Ummm, well, I'm not so sure of that, but tonight's run was awesome EXCEPT my right knee was killing me (started around 1 mile) and then at the 2 mile mark my right foot felt as if I had broken it - OUCH! I did 2 min running and 1.5 min. walking intervals and kept up. I nearly quit one interval because my foot and knee hurt so badly, but thankfully, just as I was going to quit and walk, my beeper went off. I have it icing now. This was only my second run in my new shoes and I certainly hope these pains aren't from my shoes (fingers crossed - you know how much trouble I've had with shoes . . . and pains). Can I just take a quick second to give a shout out to Kimberly at Healthy Strides for her powerful advice last week? She said "Don't do anything you'll regret . . . that includes skipping a run." I had planned on going 3 miles today, but got caught up late at work. I didn't leave the office until 5:50 so it sure would have been easy to just come home, but I decided a quick 2 miler would be okay, but decided at the 1 mile mark that I felt great and could keep going. Thanks Kimberly for the advice . . . you were definitely sitting on my shoulder this evening encouraging me to get out there and go for a run.

When I came home, I wanted to ice my knee and foot, but I knew I needed to get dinner started (because I took the extra time to run a 3rd mile instead of just 2). I had planned on stir fry for tonight's dinner. So . . . I chopped up all the veggies, cooked the chicken, and while it was steaming - I iced!

Here is the chicken & veggie stir fry (will be served with brown rice) -
It features baby carrots (my husband prefers them whole not cut up), 2 kinds of 'shrooms, peppers (red, orange, yellow, & green), diced canned toms, and fresh broccoli. It's not quite ready in the photo below, but it sure smells delicious! And look at the rainbow of health in that skillet!!!
A little known fact about me is that I LOVE TO CHOP veggies!!! I use a crappy knife and I have none of those awesome food network chop cutting skills (though wouldn't it be great if I did!). I cut up half of the veggies for the stir fry and decided to retain the other half of the veggies for use later this week (maybe in a breakfast or dinner omelet or something else). Here is what I have left over . . .

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope your leg feels better soon! And I do something similar with my veggies, except that I'll always cook WAY more than I need and eat it all week. I'm not a good or fast cook so that helps me eat healthily even when I'm tired or get home late. Great job motivating yourself to get out there for the run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of that leg girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that meal looks amazing! And definitely be careful with those pains!

    ReplyDelete