Friday, February 11, 2011

Chapter 2 page 238 - Stylish Blogger Award

ThanksHolly @ RustBeltRunner for awarding me this awesome award. It's my first blog award and I'm a little uncertain as to the protocol so here goes . . .

(clears throat) "I'd like to the thank the academy for their nomination and vote. I'd like to thank this blog's producers and writers. I'd like to thank God for His grace. And oh, yeah, I'd like to thank my wonderful husband. (cue the music). Wait, I just have to thank the awesome mentor bloggers I look up to out there in the blogosphere"


Here are the Rules for the Stylish Award:
• Make this post and link back to the person who gave the award to me
• Share 7 things about myself
• Award 5 great bloggers
• Contact the bloggers to tell them they've won

7 things about me . .
1. I am fluent in American Sign Language and taught at the Indiana School for the Deaf for several years.

2. I was a sex ed teacher for middle school students in Hampton Virginia from 1997-2004.

3. I bought my first house when I was only 22 years old (VA).

4. I was married on 1/1/08.

5. I currently work at the hospital where I was born.

6. I'm an only child and come from a super small family (my dad was an only child, and my mom only has 1 sister who has only 2 sons).

7. I write another blog (3elles.com)


The stylish blogger award now goes to 5 people who are very interesting and I can't wait to read the 7 things they choose to share about themselves:
1. Susie @ Weighing In (weight loss, family, Christian)
2. Sarah @ Flying Kites (family, motherhood, Christian)
3. Lisa @ Train with Lisa (triathlete)
4. Bethany @ When 2 Worlds Collide (c0llege student, foodie)
5. ???? (I don't know a 5th person who hasn't gotten this award recently)

5 comments:

  1. You are too cool lady! The only way you'd be cooler is if you taught sex ed in sign language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Kimberly - funny you mention that. I used to have an interpreter when I had deaf students in my sex ed class - that DID.NOT.WORK. Sign language is a VERY visual language. NOPE NOPE NOPE! Couldn't have the rest of the class learning some of those signs!!!! No way - the deaf students came for a little one on one lesson after class . . . AWAY from the other students!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for nominating me! i am so honored! i loved your 7 'secrets'!!! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!!! Thanks for the award; no I'm not mad...I've just been away from a computer all weekend!

    Loved learning about the 7 things; so interesting!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete