Thursday, May 24, 2012

Chapter 2 page 577 - Tag, I'm it!

Thank you all for your awesomely supportive comments.  Each day I notice some progress which is super exciting.  My physical therapist says I've made "good" progress (personally, I think I've made amazingly significant progress - boo to her less than raving summation of my progress).  I'm a LONG way from being able to run around the block let alone run a half marathon.  Reluctantly, I'm beginning to accept more of the original prognosis of 3-4 months before running (huge SIGH) - though if I can get out there safely any sooner I certainly will be elated to do so!!!!!  For now, here's my life . . . ice, ibuprofen, elevation, pt exercises, repeat, and repeat again!  I still wear a super sexy air cast but have been able to ditch the wrist splint (woo hoo)

In the meantime, I've been tagged and am eager to have something positive to blog about.  Thanks Jenna Renee from The Almost Attorney for choosing me.  I'm happy to answer your questions.  Here's the rules:

Each per­son must post 11 things about them­selves on their blog. Answer the ques­tions the tag­ger set for you in their post and cre­ate 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer. You have to choose 11 peo­ple to tag and link them on the post. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her. No tag backs and you legit­i­mately have to tag 11 people.
11 Random things about me:
1.  I have blue eyes.
2.  I had Lasik eye surgery in 1999.
3.  I used to live within 5 miles of several beaches and only visited them like 5 times in 7 years (usually only when my family or friends came to visit).
4.  I used to date a stand up comedian.
5.  I did internet dating and went all over God's green earth, but eventually met my husband who worked upstairs from me.
6.  I tried out for the high school tennis team when I was a junior and was told I was "too old" - wow at 17 I was "too old" - hmph, rude!
7.  I taught middle school sex education for 7 years.
8.  I got my M.Ed when I was 25
9.  I went to Basic Combat Training when I was 25.
10.  I am passionate about teaching health/wellness!
11.  I crossed over the OH/IN state line in 2004 on my move back to IN just as Jim Neighbors was signing "Back Home Again in Indiana" for the Indy 500 . . . perfect timing if you ask me. 

Here are the questions to be answered:
1. What is/was your favorite subject to study?  health/wellness

2. What is your favorite season of the year and why? Tie between Spring and Fall - nice temps, crisp skies, beautiful colors from flowers (spring) and leaves (fall).

3. Do you watch reality tv? If so, which shows? I sometimes watch Hoarders.  I don't watch much reality tv. 

4. If you could have ANY career in the world, what would it be? Is that different than your actual career?  Hmm, great question.  I felt at the time when I was teaching MS sex ed that I had the best job on earth. Now in my current job I have the best job on earth.  I think any job teaching people about health and wellness is a perfect job.  Maybe teaching future teachers how to teach health would be amazing. . . like as a college prof or something (hmmmmmm).

5. Is it better to have a few close friends or lots of "friends"? Why?  Good question - I like lots of friends, but I also like to have a core group that I know without a doubt I can go to.  I'm a social person so for me, it's all about "my peepes".

6. What is your favorite song?  Shocker, I'm not a fan of music.  I do listen to it sometimes while running.  I like the message of "Who Says" by Salina Gomez.  I like to sing along to "Solo" (no idea who it is by).  I find that "Party Anthem" (no idea who it's by) gets me moving.  My favorite get my butt in a better mood song is "I gotta Feeling" (Black Eyed Peas)

7. What/who is your favorite band/singer?  LMFAO is on my ipod more than any others, but Black Eyed Peas are a close 2nd.  I'm not much a music person so I don't so much care about any of them.

8. What is your favorite sport to play? To watch?  HUGE NFL fan!!!!  Go Colts, Go Ravens, Go Skins!  My favorite sport to play hmmm well, I don't play a lot of sports.  I really loved my Badminton class in college.  I was a swimmer for a big part of my life (though you don't "play" swimming).  I run (well, not right at this minute, but I run and that's kind of cool).  I think my favorite activity to "play" is group fitness classes. 

9. Who is your favorite designer?  No idea - couldn't name any. 

10. What TV show would you want to be on and why?  I would like to be on one of those HGTV shows where they make over your house into something absolutely beautiful and fabulous - yes please!

11. When is your birthday?April

Now to tag 11 people, well, I don't really know 11 people who weren't already tagged so here are 3 of my friends in real life:
1.  Another Day in the Life of April
2.  Running 4 My Life
3.  Healthy Strides

And the questions for you ladies:
1.  What time of the day are you at your best (morning, afternoon, evening, night)?
2.  What time of the day do you prefer to run?
3.  What is your favorite distance to run? to race?
4.   What is your favorite big box store to shop at (Meijer, Wal Mart, Target, other)?
5.   What is one physical activity you wish you could try?
6.  What is the one place you want to visit?
7.  Describe your ideal place?
8.  What is something you are most proud of?
9.  What is your favorite meal?
10.  What is your favorite meal preparation technique (take out, grilling, slow cooker, oven, nuke it, other)?
11.  What question would you ask if you tagged others with this? (clever, I know).

3 comments:

  1. I was just coming here to check and see how you were doing with your injury! Glad it's slowly healing, even if not as rapidly as you had hoped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chookadee - so glad that your ankle is progressing so amazingly (im with you). I thought I would answer your questions cause i love em!

    1. Night
    2. When it's not too cold.
    3. 5km
    4. Target - don't have the others!
    5. Skydiving but too scared.
    6. Too many to list.
    7. By the sea, warm and with family and friends.
    8. My boys.
    9. Japanese salmon with greens and rice
    10. Stir fry
    11. When are you coming to visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, I suck hard core as a blog friend lately, but I just wanted to say BOO about your ankle, and I've been thinking about you, and I hope you heal up SO FAST!

    I also want to say THANK YOU - you leave the most amazing, supportive, thoughtful comments. Big hugs to you! You always make me smile :)

    Lastly, I ruled at badminton, but in high school instead of college. SO FUN!

    1. midmorning
    2. midmorning! imagine that :)
    3. I love running and racing 10ks. It's long enough, but doesn't get too hard. And I can "race" without feeling wasted at the end.
    4. TARGET!
    5. I totally want to skydive. My hubs has, but not me.
    6. So many! Ireland! Australia!
    7. A quiet beach with my hubs and NO ONE ELSE. Drink in hand. Nothing to do.
    8. My family. My kids are so cool - I couldn't be prouder.
    9. I love a great steak.
    10. My hubs is the grill master, me I am pretty good at the slow cooker. And I roast a mean turkey.
    11. Hmm. I always suck at the question part. Probably what's the best place you've ever run and why.

    ReplyDelete