Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chapter 2 page 36 - 3/21 goals

Hello everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the awesome spring weather, warmer temps, longer day light, and nearly blooming flowers and trees. Oh how beautiful.

I'm participating in the Wells Weighs In and I'm pretty sure that after I gained 3 pounds this month, my team has voted me off the island. I am officially the weakest link on my team. The other members did sooooo great, but me - nope, I'm a HUGE liability for them. I feel terrible about letting them down. I feel even worse about letting myself down. What the heck has happened? I started this blog back in December and was enthusiastic about losing weight, exercising more, and taking responsibility for making positive healthy choices. So what happened??? I'm pretty far from where I hope to be. I tell my clients that wellness/weight loss is a journey not a destination - well dang it, let's get there already!!!!

I have mentioned previously the importance of creating a wellness vision, then developing 3 month goals, and then using that to create weekly goals to help keep the journey focused and moving in the right direction. I used to post my weekly goals, but stopped doing so when I was failing to accomplish them. Easier to quit setting goals than to fail each week (despite the fact the goals are suppose to be obtainable). So, I've reached the maximum amount of fat and laziness that I'm willing to accept - so here are my goals for this week (3/21).

1. Absolutely NO desserts or sweets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. I will do the following workouts: Monday-gym, Tuesday-aerobics class + 45-60 min. walk/jog, Wednesday-either a 45 min. walk or a walking dvd, Thursday - 2 aerobics classes, Friday-gym.
3. Be mindful of my portion sizes at all of my meals.
4. Write down EVERYTHING I put in my mouth 4 days this week.


My 3 month goals -
1. Break the sugar addiction so that it doesn't rule my life.
2. Exercise 240-300 minutes a week.
3. Reduce my portion size and eat more of the proportion of foods I'm suppose to (i.e. 7 oz meat, 3 dairy, 12 svgs cho, 3 fats, etc)
4. Make the "right" (read as "healthy") choice when eating in public, with friends, or family (exceptions are eating out with 3 Elles or my husband in which case I'll use strategies to reduce the potential damage - i.e. eat less, drink less, chose healthier option, etc).
5. Plan healthy weekly menus at least 3 out of 4 weeks each month.

What about you? What are you going to be working on these next 12 weeks?

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    You know that you are not alone. Many of us suffer the same ways. Keep up the hard work. I am doing a "systems cleansing" which intails wter or watered juice for 7 days then reintroduce good food slowly. I am not sure what will occur.
    Lousie

    ReplyDelete