Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chapter 2 page 544–Triple Tuesday

Tonight I did 3 group fitness classes . . . and had.a.blast!!!!!!

I left my house super psyched about the evening’s full on fitness fun!  Ohh, and that bondi band says “Sweat is my fat crying” – Buckets of tears were shed tonight!  Ha!

100_2646 I even braided my pony tail into 3 sections (with matching bands) – yeah, I’m all crazy like that!100_2652

My first class – Zumba!  The regular teacher was sick so there was a sub, Katie.  Katie was my boot camp teacher back in December.  She’s just plain amazing.  She’s so motivating and an awesome athlete.  I grabbed a quick photo with her after class!

100_2653

My second class was, of course, Body Pump!!!  Woo Hoo – I love me some ‘pump!!!!!!  Our teacher tonight was Corey – he’s a lot of fun.  I hadn’t done track 79 in awhile, but was so happy that for the first time since I started back at BP, I did 3/4 of the lunges and used weight!  Lunges have killed me and I’m not sure why – but . . . tonight I showed them who was boss!!!!  I also increased my weight for the chest track.  I struggled a little with the bicep track and felt kind of bummed I missed a few reps – but thankfully not too many.  “C” and her oldest daughter “K” were in class which always makes it a LOT of fun!!!!

100_2658100_2660So these next 2 photos – on the left is a picture of my sweat mark after we did the triceps track.  YES.I.WAS.SWEATY.   The photo on the right is “C” and I screwing around after class.  She said, “WOW, you’re sweaty!”.  UMMM – what????  You’re not????  NOPE, “C” wasn’t sweaty at all after ‘pump!  That’s incredible.  I had a sweat lake in front of my bench from where I dripped during push ups. 

100_2663100_2665

I grabbed a quick photo with our teacher Corey after class.   His shirt says “Motivate-Dominate”!  I like that – might have to write that on my arm for the next half marathon!!!!

100_2654

I’ve been going to this gym for Boot Camp, Circuit Training, Zumba, Body Pump, and Turbo Kick since December.  I’ve met a lot of fun people.  Tonight, Dana hung with me for ‘pump and my 2nd Zumba class.  She’s so nice!  Forgive my cheesy smile – doesn’t Dana look like she hasn’t done a darn thing?  Incredible!

100_2664Finally, I ended the night with a second Zumba class.  I hadn’t been sure I really wanted to do a 3rd class, but then I thought – why not?  So . .  I stuck it out.  The teacher was Nicole and she made me feel amazing.  At the start of the class I yelled, “I’m new to your class.”  She yelled  back, “I’m Nicole and I’m so happy you’re here!”  What a great thing to say to someone.  She smiled the entire time and just proved that fitness CAN be fun!  Doesn’t’ she just look super happy? 

100_2666

Stay tuned – the next 2 nights are going to be filled with fitness as well.  Tomorrow, Kimberly and I are going to do a circuit class and also Turbo Kick.  On Thursday, “C” and I are going to do a short run and then do ‘pump!  Can’t wait!  Skinny jeans here I come!  Ha!

Are 3 classes too many to do in one night?  I live 40 minutes from the gym and with $4 gas prices, I feel like it’s important to do as much as I can (2 classes seems reasonable, 3 might be too many especially since I was gone from home for 5 hours)

If you could snap your finger and do whatever group fitness classes you wanted, what would you choose?  I would like to try TRX – we don’t have it within an hour’s drive of my home.  SAD!  I like anything to do with water.  I like swimming and water aerobics.  I’ve taught MANY water aerobics classes and would love to have a chance to do it again.  Alas, there are no indoor pools in my small town (except at the school – but it’s only for students).   I would also like a trampoline class.  I have been reading a lot about it and think it would just be fun!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job...three classes!?!? You are amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness girl that is crazy! I have done Spin and then Kickboxing class - back to back and I about died. I can't imagine 3 back to back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit, woman! YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR. I can't wait for tonight.

    Ditto on the TRX. I'd also love to try spinning, a pole class and cross fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazballs!!! You will be in the skinnies in no time! Love the three braid hair too cute - and I want your bondi bands we don't have them and considering bondi is here we should! Im quite happy to do 2 classes but think my boys would get the cranks on if I was out for three - maybe they wouldn't even notice? Are you wearing a heart rate / calorie monitor? I bet you burned a gazillion calories. I've done Trx and it is hard - it was before the stupid back and I thought I was super fit apparently I wasn't!! My trainer won't let a class be finished now until my calories are at 600 for the 45-55 mins - think I might be losing a couple of friends...

    ReplyDelete