Monday, January 31, 2011

Chapter 2 page 226 - still alive

Wow - the respiratory illness I got last weekend has really lingered. I'm back to work, but still cough and am tired. Needless to say, with my URI and the impending storm (a "historic event" the news keeps calling it), I've been a sloth! I'm so ashamed. I've gained weight and I can just feel my fitness waning . It's now week 3 of my May Half Marathon training and I've done zippo. Ummm- I might have even done less than zippo. I'm going to have to figure things out and get on the horse (at this point, I might have to run to catch up to the horse). I'm open for a big cyber kick in the butt if anyone is willing to dish one out!
source: http://yellowj.wordpress.com/2007/03/15/a-swift-kick-in-the-butt/

4 comments:

  1. More food for thought: When I am really feeling yucky (ie. poor eating and no exercise) try your best to drink a lot of water! Wash out the system!

    If you can't get out and exercise, work on the diet, and vice versa. One or the other can go a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water is good. But honestly... although low energy and feeling sick makes it hard to get out the door, I find I often feel better once I'm running. You loosen up some of the junk and improve your breathing. (One suggestion though: wear something you can wipe snot on. Hey... snot happens.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's my tip for you: If you know you are going to feel guilty, don't do it! Whether it's skipping a workout or eating something junky, 9 times out of 10 it's not worth the guilt. This morning, I might not be running - fig this weather - but I will be doing something. And something is better than nothing.

    You got this girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow has been making me the same way. Today I got out for my scheduled run & I feel great! I think moving your body is key, even if its an exercise video or some crazy dancing in your living room!

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete