Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chapter 2 page 153 - TR 57

First, thanks Holly for your comment on what to call these training runs now that my first half marathon is over. I think I'm going with TR for training report (anyone like it?).

Second, Today "C" and I went for a 2.5 mile walk. We had considered running and doing a 2:30/1 interval, but . . . walking seemed like such a better choice. We did it during my work day so I really didn't have a lot of time to go too far. The perfect fall day and beautiful changing foliage and winding path along the river really set a picturesque scene and was a welcomed break in the middle of the day. I didn't have a watch today (I'm sure "L" just had her jaw hit the ground in shock! - I NEVER go without my watch - I am pretty obsessed about monitoring time - - - not today, didn't have it on, didn't even turn on my blackberry app as a backup option). It was nice.

Finally, afterward, one of our friends, "M" (I call him my running mentor) who is a super experienced mega running brainiac had a lengthy conversation with "L" and I about upcoming training schedules, spring races, recovering right now, training through the winter. Frankly, it was more info than I could absorb in one setting, but I was thrilled with the advice he was so freely giving me. I took some notes and can't wait to talk it over with "C". Look for upcoming posts featuring some of his wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment