Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chapter 2 page 303 - heel scraping - photo edition

Here's the photo from today's heel scraping session . . . .
That's a stress ball (well, star really not a ball).  I got it in 2006.  It's lasted through all kinds of pounding . . . but today's scraping session resulted in a complete split in half!!!!!!!!!!

I thought today was my last PT session, but I was told that the therapist has the "power" to wait a little while (like a month) and then "activate" more PT sessions (I'm sure I didn't explain that right-  but you get the idea . . . .I'm not completely off the hook - there might be more scraping after my half marathon if my heel gets worse.  Hmmmm, not sure how I'm feeling about that!!!!

It's been a VERY painful journey (not just the 12 rehab sessions, but the 11 years since this PF started), but I am for sure at least 50% better and for that, I'm super grateful for the efforts of my 2 physical therapists (who are both my friends).

2 comments:

  1. That stress ball/star certainly got the short straw! Do you need a new stress ball? I've got one in the shape of a brain that you can have. E-mail me your address at richelle(dot)maciej(at)gmail(dot)com if you want it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Talk about stress! Glad that you're at 50% at least. Good luck with your race!

    ReplyDelete