Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chapter 2 page 115 - perspective

I just couldn't resist letting the entire world know - my "HEAD" has come as far as legs have during this half marathon training . . . finally!

In prep for tomorrow's 12 mile long run, I used mapmyrun.com/beta to plot out a very fine 11.93 mile route and when I was done . . . calmness was the only feeling I had. For the first time EVER, I did not feel anxiety, stress, worry, fear, concern, or apprehension. I felt calm. It was like I was saying, "Hmmm - 11.93, is that all?" (and not in my usually cocky tone either)

What?!?!?! Where did this new inner peace about crazy far distances come from? Of course a HUGE factor is that I'm training with "L" tomorrow (she gets me and my slowness). No chance I could do it alone, but maybe there is even hope for that aspect to come around too . . . at some point . . . down the road.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to it - crazy, I know!!!!! Tune in late tomorrow night for an update on how it all turns out (fingers crossed!)

1 comment:

  1. 100% polyester on both garments. Now you know. "L"

    ReplyDelete