Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chapter 2 page 546– 7 Confessions

My husband and I were heading out for our date night yesterday when we got into a little bit of an argument.  You see, the 2nd half of my week hasn’t exactly gone off perfectly.  He has teased me the last few days by saying, “So . . . when will I see the blog post about you skipping your workout or eating too much?”  So, here it is – I’m laying it all out there for you (hope you’ll still read my blog).

1.  I ate 3 donuts on the way to my 2 aerobics classes this morning.  They were the first donuts I’ve had since 1/29 – not proud that I caved, but I’m confessing so that’s part of the process.  Fortunately, I did do both classes – Body Pump & Zumba (burned nearly 1000 calories –MORE than the donuts thank you very much honey!).  They were awesomely fun and challenging.  Different teacher for Zumba – LOVED her class!

2.  I missed my run and Body Pump with “C” on Thursday.  Work happened and I just couldn’t get up to the Big City.

3.  For most of the week, I’ve gone way over my calorie allotment. 

4.  I had a CRAPTASTIC weigh in this week – I’m blaming being sick for 3 weeks with the “cough from hell” which prohibited me from buying and preparing healthy foods. 

5.  I didn’t record said craptastic weigh in on MFP – in fact, pretty sure next week’s weigh in will suck too (see #1 & 3 above as to why) that I’m probably not going to record that one either.

6.  I haven’t run in 3 weeks – now it’s been so long, I’m kind of scared.  We’re expecting some amazing weather later this week – no ifs, ands, or buts – I’ll be out there running . . . .even if it’s only 3-4 miles!  Some is going to be better than none.

7.  I bought lobster mac & cheese from Fresh Market today and it’s looking like I’ll be eating the ramekin of it for dinner (hope it’s good and worth the calories) – here’s to yet another day of blowing the calories (umm, #1 pretty much took care of that for today).  No worries, though, I also bought TONS of whole grains and produce at Meijer and will be back on track with healthy eating starting tomorrow. 

7 comments:

  1. I usually eat the donut AFTER working out, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually eat the donut AFTER working out, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the comment above, ha! Donuts AFTERWARDS, definitely. Good for you for "confessing" but it's just life - nothing wrong with that. It's great to have a plan but nobody can stick to it 100% of the time. Good luck this week!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone always has a week like that! Don't take it as a backward step - it's happened and now time to move onwards and upwards. Hope u get your run in soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. After the week you've had, you deserve the donuts. Don't worry about not running. You've been cross-training like a feind so your body will respond once you take that first step. You have more stamina than anyone I know. This week was just a little bump in the road. I was just thinking, isn't it about time for the snakes to start slithering out along our favorite running path?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with all of the above!! Yes we have weeks like that and guess what?? It's okay! Life is not over, you just pick up and get going again. Stay focused and realize that hey, you are human. Set some goals this week and try to really stick to them. You alright ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey L! I don't really know you, but feel like I do. Everyone has off days and off weeks. You just have to refocus one small thing at a time. I stopped at the gas station on my way to work and got a doughnut. I told myself it didn't count if no one witnessed me eating it. Hope this week was better for you :)

    ReplyDelete