Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chapter 2 page 530–2 for Tuesday X3

As you all are beyond aware (and I’m sure, certainly board hearing about it twice a week) I take a Body Pump class and a Zumba class at the Big City gym every Saturday and as often on Tuesday nghts as I can get there.  Today – well, it’s Tuesday and . . . I got there . . . for a double shot of group fitness.  BUT today was unlike the other times – why you ask?  Because “C” and Kimberly were there too – F.U.N!  Such a fun occasion and yet such a bad blogger – no photos . . . so please just visualize for yourself (insert mental picture here).

Tonight was also a benchmark, so to speak – I bumped up my weights for the back track and the biceps . . .oh man, oh man, oh man – no doubt I’ll be regretting the increase tomorrow.  For the first time this month, I broke out the big plates (maybe they are 10 kg or 15 kg each) – oh yeah baby!  Because I’ve increased my weights for biceps, triceps, squats, chest, and back I know I’m getting stronger.  I still SUCK at lunges and fear they will never get easier.  I was able to do more reps tonight than ever before so that’s at least a small glimmer or improvement. 

The trio will be back together for another double up Saturday session – photos will definitely be taken – stay tuned!

Do you lift weights?  If so, do you increase the reps or the weight?  And, how often do you bump things up?

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on the weight increase!!! I used to lift weights, but now I do a lot of body weight exercises during TRX & bootcamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were insane lifting those heavy weights on the back track. My wimpy self is sore from lifting, like, half. I was so glad I got to join you last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so bad at lifting weights. Did P90X for a while, but there DVDs are so long it was hard to fit it in. I don't bump up as often as I probably should.

    ReplyDelete