Thursday, June 3, 2010

Chapter 2 page 73 - HMTU 15

Better - by no means easy!!!!!!!!! That's how I would sum up today's training session.

It was 79 degrees and 68% humidity - that doesn't seem terrible - is it? There was an amazing breeze when we were done - can't say I felt it during the run. We ran 4.1 miles in 58 minutes - we walked the first and last mile. The 2 miles in the middle we did our 2:2.

It was great to have both "C" & "L" during this session. I really enjoy those 2 - they are the ONLY thing making this whole craziness worth continuing. I absolutely love having people pass by in their vehicles and honk while I'm running - makes me feel like I'm being seen doing something healthy. I guess it's just because I feel like such a fake health educator at all other times since I'm soooo much overweight that this is the time I can be recognized for at least trying. Within 60 seconds, 2 local HR directors passed us - thanks "SD" for giving us a positive shout out - you'll never know how much of a boost that gives me!!!!!!!!!!!1

We passed a BHS teacher "N" who was just fantastic. He's really embraced losing weight over the summer and we talked to him about doing 5K's and the PCT 10K. He even walked (he jogged, we walked) the last 1/2 mile together. He was fun. He was so hot and sweaty and doing this walking crap all by himself - good job - I'm jealous!!!

So I was wondering 2 things:
1. How many times do I have to do this training stuff before it gets easier??? I'm really still struggling the entire 4 miles - and that's not even 5 miles, 8 miles, 10 miles, or OH MY GOODNESS 13.1 miles????

2. When on earth will I begin to actual enjoy this? I mean, I am loving the 3 miles with one of my training partners since it's just a social fun time, but further than that or even more horribly - doing it alone is total torture!!!!

I'll keep on training and working toward my goal of completing a 1/2 marathon in under 3 hours in September 2010. I have decided that I have to put more miles and more time in order for me to improve to the levels of my training partners and more importantly to the level I think I should be at.

13 weeks until race day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment