Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chapter 2 page 76 - HMTU 18

80 degrees (maybe a wee bit more) and probably about 80% humidity (though this I can't say with absolute certainty since I failed to check the weather after we were done).

We did sort of the same route as Tuesday except we went to and from the park on the ziggy zaggy (that's my official term for the extended section of the greenway from the white bridge to the park). We also didn't go down the bike path. The GPS said we did 4.5 miles (I think the training schedule said 3 miles - does that count as extra credit??????).

Today was the unveiling of the countdown timer "C" had bought online. We are no longer doing 2:2 (insert tears and total sadness!!! also insert, fear of dying and fear of failure). We are working toward 3:1 so for our first attempt at this new torture device, we did 2 1/2 minutes running then 2 minutes walking. Our roll out plan is to continue that for a couple of weeks and then we'll go to 3:2 and then 3:90 seconds then finally we'll (cross your fingers) arrive at doing 3 minutes running and one minute walking (oh my, that sounds practically unachievable).

We did a 20 minute warm-up today and a total of 62 minutes. Although it wasn't extremely hard, it was a challenge - the heat and humidity I suspect. I don't know it would have been so hard had it been cooler and less humid.

We set the training schedule for the next 2 weeks. Next week's long run is suppose to be 6.5-7.0 miles and then 7.5-8.0 the week after. If you are inclined to sending me your positive vibes or praying for my training partners and I - I'm most grateful

1 comment:

  1. You're in my thoughts and I'm really really proud of your efforts! You're doing so well. Hang in there through the tough workouts and celebrate the easier ones and the victories you achieve by experiencing both types!

    ReplyDelete